Over the last 12 months, we have often heard the complaint, "this rug would be perfect for my client's space, but they have to see it to believe it!". This hesitancy only grows with the size of the investment. We get it! We understand the desire to see rugs in context, and want to support our trade partners in getting the perfect rug into your client's home.
A New Offering
Beginning April 2021, Passerine will offer its trade partners the option to request any rug priced above $10,000 retail to be shipped to a client's home for review and approval prior to the rug's purchase. On-approval shipping follows a 5-step process
- Trade partners request via email to have a rug shipped to an address on approval: email hello[at]passerinehome.com to get started
- The trade partner will receive an invoice for a security deposit (10% the retail cost of the rug) to cover the cost of shipping and insurance.
- Once the deposit is paid, the rug will ship to the provided address. Partners will have 3 business days following the rug's arrival to assess the rug in the space with their clients.
- If a rug is selected for purchase, the partner will be invoiced for the remaining rug cost, less the trade discount. If the rug is elected for return, Passerine will prepare and a send a return shipping label to the trade partner. Rugs must be shipped back within 5 business days of the rug's arrival date at the client.
- Once the returned rug has been received by Passerine and found to be in its original condition, the security deposit will be refunded, less the cost of 2-way shipping and insurance. If any damage has occurred, or rugs are held beyond the agreed-upon return timeline, Passerine reserves the right to retain the entirety of the security deposit.
We are excited to offer this service to our trade partners and look forward to placing some gorgeous rugs in your projects! Let us know what you think. As we grow our business and overall inventory, we would love to extend this service to all rug sizes and prices if valuable to you.
Georgia, Owner of Passerine